BACILLUS COAGULANS ABBC-7 (MTCC 25397)
Bacillus coagulans, is a gram positive spore forming bacterium. It is non-pathogenic and safe for human consumption. It is widely used, well documented, safe and stable Probiotic that promotes gastrointestinal health. Being naturally encapsulated, it is a very tough and stable probiotic making it the probiotic of choice in the food and pharmaceutical industry.
- Gram positive, catalase positive, spore forming Bacillus sps.
- High Acid and bile tolerance
- High thermal stability
- Lactic acid producing capacity
- Good dispersion
- Can Survive in harsh environment of stomach acid and bile juices to reach intestine where it colonizes.
- Provides immunity and fights against pathogens.
- Stable at room temperature. Does not require cold chain
- Shelf stable for 3 years
- Due to stability at high temperatures, it has wide application in the food industry.
- Plays a predominant role in intestinal digestion by synthesizing B Vitamins, folic acid, biotin, Vit C, bacteriocins and digestive enzymes such as amylase, protease and lipase.
- Helps in assimilation of proteins, digestion of diary products
- Plays an important role in the cholesterol metabolism of their host.
- Used for Lactose intolerance
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Enhances immune status
- Effective in vaginitis
- Supportive therapy for Urticaria, Eczema, Stophulus infantum
- It is effective in reducing abdominal cramps and diarrhoea, along with reducing the return of infection.
- Bacillus coagulans is used as a food supplement / dietary supplement
- Bacillus coagulans being in its naturally encapsulated spore form is highly stable and is resistant to high temperatures, most chemicals and physical conditions during manufacturing processes of food products. So it is an ideal ingredient which can be added to foods, beverages and supplements to fortify them.
- Confectionery – Candies, Gummies, Chocolates, Cereal bars
- Baking products – Cakes, Muffins, Cookies, Biscuits, Pizzas
- Diary products – Cheese, milk products, Ice cream, Yoghurt
- Beverages – Coffee, Tea, Juices
- Sports beverages
- Protein bars
- Functional foods
Bacillus coagulans used in combination with antibiotics and Vitamins in Pharmaceutical industry
Bacillus coagulans, which has high temperature resistance, acid resistance, bile resistance makes it best suitable for use as feed additive in Poultry, Cattle feed, Pet food, horses etc.
- Promotes Nutrient metabolism
- Regulates Immune function
- Possesses Antioxidant ability and alleviates the toxicity of heavy metals
|01.||Description||Free flowing Beige to light brown coloured powder with characteristic odour|
|02.||Identification||Gram-positive rods with terminal spores.|
|03.||Lactic Acid Producing Capacity||Not less than 12 ml of 0.05 N Sodium hydroxide should be consumed.|
|04.||Loss on Drying||Not more than 3% w/w.|
|05.||Viable Spores Count||6 / 15 / 25/ 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 Billion Spores per Gram|
||Should be absent/10 gms|
|07.||Yeast &Mould count||< 50 Cfu per Gram|
|08.||Other Organisms||1000 to 0.01 Million Cfu per Gram|
|09.||Bacillus cereus count||< 100 cfu/gm|